CO2 Conversion Research Scientist
The successful candidate will directly contribute to advancing CERT’s CO2 electroreduction technology as part of the Research & Development Team. They will:
- Develop advanced catalyst/electrode/assembly/electrolyzer technology, including development of intellectual property and technical know-how.
- Engineer and develop new catalyst inks, as well as optimize the performance and the deposition procedures for spray coating, dip coating, etc.
- Scale CO2 electrolyzer to large reaction areas while maintaining the performance metrics of the small scale electrolyzers.
- Design and integration of electrochemical workstation with sensors, controllers, and control system.
- Design and conduct experimental studies to advance CO2 electrochemical utilization technology.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and communicate experimental data in reports and oral presentations.
- Seek out, coordinate, and guide high impact research collaborations aligned with and in support of CERT’s technology roadmap.
- Conduct complex projects involving multiple disciplines or business units.
- Assist with design and operations of CERT’s electrochemical pilot plant when required.
- Contribute to the pursuit of funding opportunities to support external collaboration and supplement internal research efforts.
- Develop standard operating procedures and other process documentation, as needed.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An undergraduate or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, nanotechnology, or related programs.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experimental skills
- Electrochemistry experience preferred
This is a full time, non-remote position.
CERT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in its operations and recruitment. We encourage applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
Applicants should submit their applications by August 31st, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org