Who we are…
CERT Systems Inc (CERT) is on a mission to transform the way the world’s most important chemicals are made. Our breakthrough route to convert captured CO2 into valuable fuels and chemical feedstocks means that we can help the planet avoid over 500 million tonnes of emissions by 2040.
Who YOU are…
You are not new to the research world – you are an experienced contributor looking for your next step up the ladder. You are a strong technical subject matter expert, whether you are running calculations at a desk or working on hands-on projects in the lab. You are also mission-driven; you care about climate change, and you want to use your skills to help be part of a global solution.
What you’ll do day-to-day
- Lead the day-to-day work of the Chemical Engineering team, ensuring technical compliance, process optimization and business objectives are met
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members, reviewing work as appropriate
- Develop and interpret Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) related to the CO2 to product technology
- Seek and collate data internally and externally to support process improvement and enhancement capabilities
- Optimize CO2 conversion to products technology through process modeling
- Perform calculations related to thermal, electrical, and electrochemical properties within the electrolyzer, using related modelling software as needed
- Test electrolyzer hardware and supporting balance of plant hardware
- Analyze and interpret experimental results
- Take a lead role in meetings with internal/external collaborators
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry or postgraduate experience in a relevant field; experience working with related hardware or chemical systems is a must!
- People management experience is an asset, but not required
- Able to work in-person in our Toronto location (though hybrid work is an option for this role – let’s discuss if this is of interest to you!)
Submit your application to email@example.com
CERT strives to be an equitable and inclusive community. We encourage applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.