We would love to hear from you!
For business opportunities and other inquiries please contact:
Dr. Alex Ip (email@example.com)
XPRIZE Operator Position
The $20M NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE is a global race to develop large scale CO2 conversion technologies.
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated recent grad or co-op student/intern with outstanding engineering/ technical skills, as well as hands-on experience with mechanical/chemical/electrical troubleshooting. The candidate will join the team as an operator and will help with the deployment of the CO2 electrolyzer pilot plant for the competition at the Calgary test site, running now and through to November 2020. Key responsibilities will include plant operation and maintenance, experiment reporting and troubleshooting, catalyst and electrode fabrication.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
– hands-on wet chemistry experimental skills
– knowledge or experience with control systems
– good teamwork and communication skills
– flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks
– follows written and verbal direction
– mechanically inclined
– troubleshooting skills (electrical, mechanical, chemical)
– exercises good judgement and shows initiative
– experience with electrochemistry is an asset
– university or college student/grad in relevant program (engineering, science, technician)
We are seeking someone to join immediately until end of November 2020, with the opportunity to extend contract after. Shift work and weekend work will be required. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing and Courier Address:
Dept. of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
University of Toronto
5 King’s College Road
Mechanical Building, Rm. 222
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G4